The project FIRE-IN has been designed to identify capability gaps from the point of view of practitioners in the field of fire and rescue, and to fill these gaps by implementing a structured mechanism to identify existing solutions or define RDI capability challenges that should be addressed in future calls for projects.
Based on the identification of the capability gaps in work package WP1 involving practitioners gathered in 5 thematic working groups (TWG) and the screening for solutions carried out in work package WP2, the work package WP3 “Collaboration with research, industry and standardization bodies and recommendations” aims at developing the interactions with research, industry and standardization bodies to validate the identified gaps, fill these gaps with solutions not yet identified in WP2 (during the 2nd screening cycle) and help expressing the needs for future research, development and innovation.
The second Task of WP3, T3.2 “Request for RDI ideas addressing CCCs and FCCCs and capitalization of the feedback” concerns the implementation of the communication strategy with the industry, standardization bodies and RTOs aiming at the “Request for Ideas” implementation.
The deliverable D3.3 presented herein, describes the procedures and actions for interacting with industry, standardization bodies and RTOs, considering the profile of the stakeholders, the Common Capability Challenges (CCCs) and the results of interaction with them, for the achievement of the Request for Ideas (RfI) procedure during the second cycle.
The work described in this deliverable is closely related and based on:
- The background work carried out in T3.1 and described in D3.1.
- The interactions with the WP1 and WP2, in particular the CCC and FCCC definition and the screening of possible solutions.
- The solutions submitted in the FIRE-IN e-platform during the 2nd cycle of RfI of the project.
Deliverable D3.3 is organised in the following parts.
- Chapter 1 is an introductory section.
- Chapter 2 briefly describes the background of the “Request for Ideas” procedure which is analysed in detail in D3.1. In this chapter the Common Capability Challenges (CCCs) both of the 1st and 2nd cycle are presented, as well as the Traffic Light System.
- Chapter 3 discusses the issues that have arisen from the CCCs of the 2nd cycle, the connection between the CCCs of the 1st and 2nd cycle, the interaction and feedback gathered during this 2nd cycle RfI, as well as the methodology of the analysis of the solutions during the 2nd cycle.
- Chapter 4 presents the solutions submitted in the FIRE-IN e-platform during the 2nd cycle and their analysis.
- Chapter 5 discusses the conclusions drawn from the 2nd cycle of RfI and the extent that the CCCs of both cycles are covered. Future Ideas are presented as well as recommendations for the future challenges and the e-platform operation.
- Finally, an appendix has also been included.