This offer is open
Pau Costa Foundation is now seeking an (1) European project manager
PCF is seeking (1) one project manager to join the R+D+I Department in a full-time basis. The selected candidate will participate in the management and development of European funded projects on wildfire management.
Pau Costa Foundation (PCF) is a non-profit international organization advocating a profound change in the perception of landscape fire by the society, divulging the knowledge on fire ecology, facilitating fire management at landscape level and bridging the gap between research, practitioners and society. It also aims to serve as an information coordination platform and contact point to exchange and transfer knowledge in the field of fire ecology research and operational fire management.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Involvement in the daily tasks of existing European funded projects:
- Coordination of a work team formed of various European entities.
- Follow-up and coordination of meetings, in person and remotely.
- Coordinate project meetings, nationally and internationally.
- Contribute to the tasks that are being developed by the project partners in regards to emergency management.
- Preparation of technical reports.
2. To support the R+D+I department on the development of concept ideas for new project proposals.
3. Participate in the Foundation’s executive team activities.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE CANDIDATE
- University degree in life science, preferable forest engineering, environmental sciences, biology, geography or similar. Open also to other areas such as mathematics, physics or other engineering.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish – an oral and written test may be carried out.
- Experience in emergency teams management, forest fire or other emergencies (security, medical emergencies, civil protection, health centres operational coordination, etc.)
- Experience in teamwork and coordination of work teams.
- Ability to work remotely and autonomously
OTHER REQUIREMENTS TO CONSIDER
- Being a PCF Member - it will be positively considered as a merit.
- Experience in project management in other European Funded projects (as project manager, WP leader or task leader), preferably in security and/or environment calls, will be very well considered
- Immediate availability.
- Good level of other European languages.
- Project management training (courses, workshops, seminars and others).
- Willingness and proactive attitude, good communicative and organizing skills, and working in an autonomous way.
- Ability to adapt to changes and dynamism required by the project.
- Availability to travel (Europe).
- B1 driving license.
- Employment Type: Full-time (40 hours/week, flexible working schedule), from Monday to Friday.
- Duration: The initial duration of the employment will be 6 months, with a possibility of extension. Employment will start as soon as a suitable candidate is selected.
- Location: Partially home based and partially PCF Headquarters (Taradell, Spain).
Please, send your application with the Curriculum Vitae and letter of motivation to email@example.com (subject 'Offer 2021/03') before 22nd June 2021, at 10:00 am (CEST)
This job was created on , and last edited on (EST)